Wednesday, May 28, 2008

300 Hits!!!

Treasure Never Buried has officially surpassed the 300 hit mark!!! I would like to thank each and everyone of you that has visited the site so far. Please come back anytime and make sure to leave your comments. I love the feedback more than the posts. I can wholeheartedly say that your words are more important to me than my own. If you use RSS please make sure that you subscribe to TNB’s posts and comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mario Alejandro of WaxHeaven.com. Mario recently posted the following titled, Wax Heaven is Doomed! at his site. I feel it safe to say that most of you ended up here via Mario’s Link. Mario, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to support my efforts at TNB. I am eternally grateful to you for having faith in my work.

One more thing I would like to point out is Mario’s obvious issues with Ben Henry’s work, The Baseball Card Blog. While I have never personally invested the time in Mr. Henry’s site, (trust me, it’s high on up on my To-Do List) comments by Mario such as, “I think Ben Henry just became obsolete!” make me sit up and take notice.

Although I will at some point, I personally do not NEED to visit Mr. Henry’s site to formulate an opinion. I HAVE visited WaxHeaven and have read all that I need to read. NO ONE puts more of their heart and soul into their work as Mario Alejandro. I cannot imagine anyone doing a better job of encapsulating the emotions of the everyday card collector. If I had to weigh in, I would say Mr. Henry became obsolete the day that WaxHeaven went live.

Like I said, I WILL go and read Mr. Henry’s blog. I will more than likely, because I’m so anal-retentive, read the entire site at some point. I would suggest you do the same if at all possible.

If you are new to Baseball Card blogs you can find Mr. Alejandro’s work at WaxHeaven.com and Mr. Henry’s work at The Baseball Card Blog.

As for me, I think you know where I’ve cast my vote. At some point, Mr. Henry, I will give you the fair benefit of having personally surveyed your site for myself. Until then, you can find me posting here at TNB or commenting at WaxHeaven!

From the bottom of my heart, thanks again to everyone that has visited the site!! Please pass the word along!!

8 comments:

Dave said...

May 28, 2008 at 3:42 am e

Congrats on 300 hits!

Personally, I like both Wax Heaven and the Baseball Card Blog. I discovered Ben Henry’s blog first and loved it, especially his countdowns of the best sets of the 80s and early 90s. That said, he doesn’t write as much about today’s sets, and I’ve been even more hooked on Wax Heaven since I discovered it a couple of months ago.

Both Ben and Mario are very talented writers and their passion for the hobby is contagious. We are lucky to have both of them as active bloggers! Their work (as well as this blog and some others) might inspire me to start my own blog someday, but til then I’m content just being a comment leaver.

jv said...

May 28, 2008 at 4:12 am e

Thanks for a great point! That’s exactly the type of discussion I intended on starting with this post. I don’t care what you read as long as you’re reading!! Everybody has their preferences and there’s some really good stuff out there to choose from.

I’ve heard alot of people disgruntled about the “old hobby” having gone away to some extent. No, Card Shops are not as prevalent everywhere as they used to be. But, the conversations and friendships born out of that storefront atmosphere doesn’t have to die with it. Collector’s are still talking! Thanks again for the comment. I plan to support as many different blogs as I can through TNB, whether I like them or not.

Mario A. said...

May 28, 2008 at 11:55 am e

Wow, that’s got to be the nicest and best thing anyone has ever said about my blog.
Also, thanks to Dave for reading as well.

It’s crazy how lately it seems Ben has been outed instead of the usual celebrating he is accustomed to. Good luck on the blog it’s going to be a huge success, I can feel it.

-Mario A>

Mario A. said...

May 28, 2008 at 11:56 am e

Also, Tatiana was quited moved by a couple of your blogs last night as well but she’s even harder to get to leave a comment than me but trust that she will be an avid reader like myself.

jv said...

May 28, 2008 at 12:16 pm e

Yeah, I’ve got to go spend some time on blog. I’ve been too it a few times chasing links but I haven’t really been able to sit down and read through any of it. Same for StaleGum… I’ve got some reading to do…

jv said...

May 28, 2008 at 12:32 pm e

sorry, “some time on HER blog” (Tatiana) is what I meant to say…

tastelikedirt said...

May 28, 2008 at 7:19 pm e

I think both those guys have quality blogs. There’s stuff to learn from both of them. Mario is some kind of updating mad man. Seems like there is something new there everytime I look. I thought Ben’s countdown of set’s was/is great. Sometime he get’s stuck on things (other subjects) that go on to long…I check both site regularly and am a fan of both.

Mario A. said...

June 1, 2008 at 2:48 am e

Speaking of hits, you might be the fastest to 1,000 hits in the blogosphere. It took me months to do it. Keep up the great work.