Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Let's Scratch Each Other's Backs...

I am having a dilemma of sorts and I would like to pose a proposal to the readers of TNB.

I'm not asking for anything for free, so, please, hear me out...

July 21st is fast approaching and as most everyone knows, this is the release date for Topps Allen & Ginter 2008. I have been eagerly awaiting the arrival of this product since last year.

Topps Allen & Ginter 2007 was the product that got me interested in getting back into collecting. I was content to sit and sift through all of my "old" cards for the rest of my life. I had no intentions of collecting again until I found '07 A&G. I've waited patiently for over a year on this product to be released.

My dilemma is this: Low Cash On Hand...

My proposal is this: You Buy My Stuff...

Once again, I'm not asking for anyone to donate anything to TNB's '08 A&G fetish. I'm not looking for a handout. Here's my plan:

Many, if not all of you, are in the middle of building a set and/or sets of something. Not to mention that most everyone is a player collector of someone. I am sitting on a gold mine of commons, stars, inserts, and variations. Upwards of a couple of ten thousand different cards.


1. Send me an email titled, "TNB Ginter Project" (This will make the email traffic much easier to track)

2. In this email, give me some form of list of whatever you're looking for. Based on how I have my collection digitally organized, I can accommodate any list by Player, Year, Set, etc. I CANNOT, however, do this by Team. There is simply no way to go through and pull by Team. Sorry...

3. I'll email you with what I have based on what you need. You Let me know if you're interested.

4. From here, I pose two options. Either, we can settle on a price and exhange via USPS (trust me, I won't be trying to drive any hard bargains...)

OR

if you prefer, I will list it on eBay and let you bid against anyone else interested.

PROS for me:

I have tons of cards that I don't need. I find myself spending more on storage these days than on the actual cards. I need to unload some stuff simply for space. And, I need at least one box of '08 Ginter, preferably two.

PROS for you:

Ever bought a Lot of 10 cards on eBay just to get 6 that you need? This way, you can "cherry pick" your lot. You won't have to settle for more duplicates you don't want in order to get cards that you do want. Shipping will be the exact, "to the penny" amount. No inflated shipping. If the price is right, I'll probably pick up the shipping myself...

There are very few things off limits. Basically, anything in my collection is on the chopping block. You get to pick from what's available and you get to name your own price. (Subject to agreement by both parties involved.)

It's as simple as that...

For anyone interested, or if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.

If, in the event, this idea takes off and TNB raises enough money to get a box or two, you can bank on video breaks and a full on review...

Oh, and I have a little something in mind for the big spenders as well...

Thanks for reading everyone! I really hope some of you can help me out on this... THANKS!!

1 comment:

jv said...

Thank you to everyone that has contacted me so far... Please, please, please let me know if there is ANYTHING that you need.

I have tons of stuff that is going to sit in a box for the next few years if I don't unload it to people who want it...