Monday, July 21, 2008

Never Again


This is the first "Box Busters" I've ever even attempted to watch and it's probably my last. While at my folk's house this weekend, I would sneak away to McAlister's Deli in New Albany, MS and hop on the web wagon. I saw an email from Beckett with this video and I couldn't wait to get home and watch it.

During the whole 3 hour drive back to Byram, I thought about watching this video. As soon as I pulled into the drive, I unloaded my "BlogBox" (Laptop is a little too yuppie for me nowadays) and loaded up the video...

To these two guys I offer two words, although it may be only one according to how you personally spell it...

SHUT. UP.



Who the crap cares that you're going to a wedding this week? Who the crap cares about your movie references? Who the crap cares that you love Frankenstein and Mary Shelley?

Bust the damned boxes and tell me who's in there! I've been waiting for one solid year for the ONLY product I've been truly interested in and you two idiots get TWO boxes three days early and blabber on about nothing. Everyone knows that this product is not entirely Baseball, but then again, its one of the only sets that can pull off the gimmicks inside. It's A&G! Look at the original sets and you'll find it wasn't all Baseball then either. I personally love that it maintained that historical integrity...

But these two Bozos jump over most of what they're holding to get to the Wild Bill Hickock cards! Show me the Xavier Nady, Marcus Thames, and yes, even the "Mustachioed Ones" base cards...

This is quite possibly my last trip to Box Busters... Until I can scrounge up enough moolah for my own box, I'll settle for the poorly lit amateurs that I'll find on eBay starting Wednesday. Hopefully, and with your help (see below) I'll be joining them soon.

Thanks for nothing, Beckett.



On the subject, My "TNB Ginter Project" Proposal is still on the table. To recap...

1. Contact me at papajvscards@gmail.com with the subject "TNB Ginter Project" and give me an idea of ANY and EVERYTHING you need to complete base, insert, variation or player sets.

2. I'll send you a detailed list of what I have available.

3. You tell me what you want and how much you're wiling to pay and then we work out the details.

Simple as that I'm not looking to make a "killing" and I'm not (as usual) concerned with book values. Get your requests in soon. It's first come, first serve, guys!

1 comment:

Dave said...

I was surprised that they didn't get any super amazing hits from the boxes that they opened. I guess that Topps doesn't send "special" boxes to Beckett like Upper Deck does.