Thursday, July 10, 2008

Overview of The New Layout

My reasons for switching from WordPress were mostly due to issues I was constantly having with making the formatting to work. There are literally posts that I spent hours wrestling with lining up a picture correctly or getting BOLD and ITALICS to play nice. The 2008 Topps Chrome Review took me, literally, 8 hours.

On Monday of this week, I thought WordPress had redeemed itself when I realized that I could add captions to photos. By Tuesday, I was migrating everything to BlogSpot because of said captions. WordPress is a GREAT blogging site and I enjoyed it for the most part but there were aspects of it that I couldn't see wasting any more time with.

I wanted to briefly explain the layout as it stands right now. I don't see it changing much, if any, in the near future, so here goes.

Down the Right Side:


My son's tball photo


Adsense. Sorry. It's an option and I took it. I'll probably make a nickel every 6 months but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity. I am working on getting my Amazon Associates account set up as we speak.

I know that some bloggers are completely against it for various reasons and then some have it on their blogs. It's a toss up just like every other opinion I've come across in the blogging world. If I were a reader to this site, rather than the author, I wouldn't care if it was there or not. I also, probably wouldn't click it. Some might. Personally, I obviously hope so. Cards are expensive and I need every "extra" avenue of income for it that I can. Don't like it? Don't click it.

You know you want to.


This is a link to my personal NAXCOM store. I feel this is alot less obtrusive than Adsense. This is my own personal collection on display. I'm not making money "secondhand". And we all know what they say about secondhand money. Or was that smoke? Anywho...


DISCLAIMER: These are not necessarily the "best" card blogs out there. It is by no means the "only" card blogs out there. These are simply the blogs I want to visit daily. Please do not take offense if you are not listed there. Trust me, if I come to your site and my blog isn't in the blog roll, I'm fine with that. Everyone has their own personal tastes. I DO read all updated card blogs (with the exception of a select few) daily through Google Reader.

Please DO NOT link to me just to get linked to here. There are way too many blogs out there and it muddles the site to have them all listed. There is a reason Mario Alejandro came up with this site. Just because you link to me doesn't mean I'll link to you. And don't be suprised (if you are listed) that you fall off the "grand slams" when you quit writing. You don't have to update EVERY day, but you are a blogger, right? Give me at the very least once a week or a reason, ie on vacation, death in the family, backpacking in the wilderness, etc.


The links to reach me at other locations.


My categories


The monthly archives

Here you can view any of the box breaks I personally conduct (and some from my subscriptions). DISCLAIMER: If you happen to see a video pop up here that IS NOT something you know that I would allow or condone on TNB please, please, please let me know. This feature doesn't have to stay here if it's not conducive to the site.

Here you can find an alphabetical listing of my reviews based on box breaks. Currently, I have no plans to do reviews based on "anticipated" products. I will only do reviews based on a specific box (or set of packs in some cases) that I open. Therefore, you might see two reviews for the same product in the future.


And that's the new site! It may change from time to time but for the most part it's set in stone. I hope everyone is enjoying the new layout and if you have ANY feedback, please let me know...

I will probably retire the WordPress version sooner than August 1. I have made sure to inform all linkbacks of the new address and according to Analytics, people are finding their way here quite well. Please insure that you update your Feeds and Bookmarks accordingly.

4 comments:

Wax Heaven said...

Very nice description. I still prefer Wordpress but to each his own. Good luck, everything looks great.

jv said...

Thanks, Mario...

Dave said...

The new blog looks great! I will be a daily visitor of TNB whether it's on WordPress, Blogger, or on the moon...

jv said...

That's really funny, Dave...

I got a good laugh out of that one...