Friday, July 4, 2008

“’Tis healthy to be sick sometimes”

I’m not so sure I agree with Henry David Thoreau on this one. Obviously he never had the bug that I did yesterday…

True to my word, I’ve devoted all of my spare time to verifying what I actually have in my collection. I finished the task on Wednesday night and I told my wife that I would spend the greater portion of Thursday uploading these items to NAXCOM. Lo and behold, I woke up Thursday morning (the first day of my two days off this week) with some horrible virus.

Needless to say, I slept all day yesterday. So, not only did I not get my listings posted to NAXCOM I wasn’t able to to get a post together either. I feel a little better this morning but I’m still not 100% so this may be my only post for the day.

My box of 2008 Topps Chrome didn’t make it here before the 4th so I’m assuming I’ll get it sometime on Monday. I’ll have a full product review and possibly a video break on the site early next week. I’m also still working on getting our 1990 Topps Video Box Break online but due to the size I’m having some trouble. It’s 4.46 GBs and it’s 22 minutes and 9 seconds long.

If anyone has any suggestions for a site that will host a video of this size, please let me know. Otherwise, I will have to edit it down or chop it into smaller pieces and do it in two parts. I would rather not do either but I WILL post this for everyone to see. It has some pretty funny stuff in it. I just watched it again a few minutes ago and it’s alot of fun. As far as I know, it’s the only box break I’ve seen with a 4 year old at the helm.

Regardless, TNB is officially back. Any NAXCOM stuff I plan to do from here on out will have to take a back seat to my blog. I hate that I’ve gone so much this week without posting. Thanks for your patience, everyone…

4 comments:

thehamiltonian said...

July 4, 2008 at 10:37 am e

Its horribly annoying when the mailman doesn’t show up with that box you’ve been waiting ever so (im)patiently for.

jv said...

July 4, 2008 at 5:01 pm e

Man, don’t I know it… I feel like a good box bust would have upped my mood a little…

I am in the process of uploading the 1990 Topps Break to Google Video right now. Hopefully, I can have that posted tonight.

Dave said...

July 4, 2008 at 6:17 pm e

Glad you’re feeling better, JV! Can’t wait to read more great blog posts from you and see the video box breaks. I’m thinking about buying a box of Topps Chrome, so your results may influence me. Happy 4th of July to you and your family! And since I know that you’re a veteran, thanks for your service to the USA!

jv said...

July 5, 2008 at 6:31 am e

Thanks, Dave…. I didn’t think the mail was going to run today so I might get the box in the mail this afternoon. I’ve got my fingers crossed…