Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Today's Post Is Brought To You By The Letter "Q"

I spent my entire night working on a project for a fellow blogger that shall remain nameless until I've contacted them. It took the better part of 6 hours to complete but it was well worth it for the person I intend to send the cards to.

While sorting through old boxes of commons tonight I realized that my frustration with Carlos Quentin is nothing new. Well, that's not a fair way of putting it. I like Carlos Quentin and have followed his career so far all season. It's his name that gets me.

I'm a sucker for sorting my collection alphabetically. My best cards are in top loaders, my "star" cards are in binders, all of my 2000-present commons are in boxes, and all of my older commons are sorted into a separate group of boxes. With the exception of the latter, all are alphabetized.

Carlos Quentin has frustrated me constantly since I got back into collecting. I do have a few other "q's" but for the longest time it was just CQ. Now I've picked up some Chad Qualls, Jason Quarles and the like but it wasn't until Carlos Quentin proved himself this season that I decided to put him my binders.

Prior to that it was frustrating because I had a small section between "p" and "r" filled with a whopping six cards that kept getting overlooked when I tried to accomplish a project or task.

The point of the story is that I remember having the same issue as a kid sorting through my early 90's stuff. I came across a card tonight that brought back fond memories of those frustrations. For the longest time I've thought that it was Dan Quisenberry.

It wasn't until tonight when I saw this card for the first time in over 15 years that I realized who it was. My original letter "q" frustrater...

Carlos Quintana...

No comments: