Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Ugly...

This is officially the last pack of Bowman's Best I will ever buy...



For everything I "saved" on buying the 2004 Topps Chrome Series 1 box at last Saturday's Card Show, I lost it on this $20 pack of 2007 Bowman's Best...

This may be my last post for the week. My family and I made it to North Mississippi late last night for the funeral, which will take place today at 2 pm. If I can get some "quiet" time tonight after everyone is asleep I plan to work on some posts to be published as soon as I'm back home.


Once again, I want to say a quick "thank you" to everyone that has contacted me about the

"2008 Ginter Proposal"

There is obviously no time limit on this project as it will probably take awhile to build up enough money to purchase a box. If you would prefer to donate to the project that would be great but I would enjoy sending you some cards you're needing for your hard earned money instead. I won't say no to either option....

Also, I've yet to hear any feedback on the 2008 Topps Chrome Copper Project. As you can see from the crappy little meter I built in Google Docs, I have quite a ways to go. Once I receive the trade from Dave at Fielder's Choice, the gauge should peak a little higher to 100%. If you have any 2008 Copper cards that you are looking to unload, please contact me about a trade. You can email me at papajvscards@gmail.com or you can reply to this post. I would rather it be in an email as it's easier to track and to insure a smoother, wrinkle-free trade process....

I hope I'm not losing readers over this week being video heavy, postings light but it's been a really rough week... As always, if you have any comments, concerns, questions or complaints you can voice them to me at any time. I'm ready for TNB to get back to what it was and beyond what it's become this week... It's going to get back on track soon though, I assure you...

Here are some of the great posts coming soon (titles may change...)

"What is an Albert Pujols?"
Throwing Away Commons
The Babe Game Used
Building our 1990's Topps Set (Parts 4-6)
A New Forgotten Sets (July...Name Changes from Forgotten Sets to Buried Treasures!)
Playing Alone...Where Do We Go When Our Hobby Dies...
Manny Mania
Tball Montage

And Much More!! There's a lot of good stuff in the pipeline!! Stay Tuned...

4 comments:

Dave said...

$20 for those 5 cards? Damn, for $20 there'd better be a guarantee of an autograph or something to get me to pay that much. Oh well, lesson learned!

jv said...

That's the crappy part...I thought I WAS getting an auto... I misread the packaging and didn't realize it until I was home...

I could have picked up the rest of the open hobby box of '08 Chrome...That's frustrating!

Motherscratcher said...

Looking forward to the t-bag montage.

Chris B. said...

I had two Coppers but traded them along with some reg. Refractors for a Johnny Cueto Auto. Sorry.