Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blogspot Help Needed


I've yet to figure out how to create new pages in Blogger the way that I could with Wordpress. If there's anything I miss about Wordpress, it's that functionality. As far as I can tell, fellow Blogspot bloggers seem to be creating a post and then using the link as a page. If anyone knows of a better way to create "pages" with Blogger, please leave a comment.

Until I figure out otherwise, I'm going to start working on building pages for the sets that I'm trying to complete as well as a page to showcase future eBay listings. So far, I've posted twice about my "for sale" items at eBay and I was just about to go for another one to mention the lot of Heritage Chrome I listed last night. Some will say, "third times a charm" while others might say, "three strikes your out." Either way, personally, I have cringed both times while mentioning my sells.

I don't wanna pass up the opportunity to mention items for sale considering the amount of hits I get here daily. But on that same token, I don't want TNB to become my own personal classifieds. I would rather have a page that you can view these items if you like rather than readers not having the option.

So, if anyone has suggestions for how to build a page in Blogger, please feel free to leave me some feedback.

Thanks for reading everyone and as usual, please do not limit your comments and suggestions to the above mentioned issue. By all means, leave me feedback on anything you see that you think could be improved...

4 comments:

Gellman said...

Ok, here is what you do.

You have to create a post and then link to the post. I hated that, so I just went on freewebs and did it.

You can actually change the post date somehow so it doesnt show up in your archives, but im not sure how to do it.

jv said...

I actually started my trade site at freewebs after I found out about it at SCU.

I just realized I haven't maintained it because I simply don't have time...

I had a feeling I was going to have to do the Post/Link thing to make it work....

Thanks for the heads up, Gellman

fielderschoice said...

Suggestion: go back to Wordpress :)

dayf said...

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by building a page...

For wantlists and stuff I want to create a link to, but don't want popping up at the top of my blog, I just backdate the post then link to it on the sidebar.

Whatever you're doing with the layout, I like it. it's got a different look from most of the other blogs out there.