Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gimme' a Break...

For anyone interested, I just threw the card featured here to the masses on eBay. Keep in mind, you can view all of my auctions in the eBay widget to the right.

So far, I've had Capewoods and Dayf both bid on items and, honestly, I was a little shocked. I never considered fellow bloggers being interested. I half expected it to be readers only. Thanks guys for the bids! I really appreciate it!

I intend to focus on my eBay listings for the rest of the week as well as attempting to figure out why I'm even trying to learn this new Beckett site. I will admit that now that my collection is imported there are some definite upgrades to the old platform. There's still some frustrations to be had, I'm sure, but for the most part, it's a step in the right direction. I don't use any other portion of the site so I can't speak for those issues, ie Message Boards, Trading, and Video Breaks...

I'm mostly only going to focus on those things because unfortunately for my family and I, the "Congratulations for Us" post has been canceled. I know I'm talking in riddles and only a few people know what I'm referring to but I promise to update everyone soon. Suffice it to say that my wife and I are going through probably one of the toughest things that young parents possibly can.

I don't want to post about it right now, because honestly, I don't have the strength to. I've never felt so defeated in my life. For the first time since I was child, I lay on the couch and cried myself to sleep yesterday afternoon. I know I can be a sappy little shit sometimes but that's still not an easy thing to admit to everyone.

That being said, I am taking a break from blogging for at least a week to try to "get my head on straight" about some things. I can assure you I'm not closing down and you have no reason not to believe me, but I really need to spend some time with the family and just reset my batteries. They're priority, not this blog or maintaining a position on anyone's blog rolls for the decision. Hopefully everyone will take this the right way. If not, and I lose some of my "status" then so be it. I'll be better off in the long run for it. Mario, that's not a jab at you because I linked to you. That's just a tired, frustrated father not really giving a shit what anyone expects of me or this blog right now.

I'll still finish out this week with some more eBay listing announcements and I may even get a real post or two in edgewise from time to time but TNB is officially on cruise control for awhile.

Hope you guys understand and that you come back to visit when I return, refreshed and sane again...

Sincerely,

jv

7 comments:

Motherscratcher said...

I have a huge lump in my throat right now.

One of the things that I love about your blog, probably the thing that I love the most, is the relationship you have with your son and the ease with which you seem to be able to articulate it. In a few months I've come to think of you as a guy who could easily have been one of my high school buddies. As an expectant father I would read your posts and hope that I have the same kind of relationship with my son.

Don't worry about the blog. If and when you decide to write about what you're going through we'll be here to offer what little support we can through the internet.

Until then, you and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

-Mike

capewood said...

ditto

desert plume said...

same here. take care.

thefead said...

More of the above. Jackson (my four year old) and I will have you guys in our prayers.

Wax Heaven said...

Wow, I don't know what to say. I hope the healing begins soon for you and your family.

-M.

William Noetling said...

I hope you and your family are OK, sounds like a really tough time.

My thoughts are with you and yours.

Brian said...

As a parent myself, I feel your pain. Stay strong for your family and your spirit!