Tuesday, August 5, 2008

How'd I Not See This Coming...

It's been a pretty rough day to say the least. Meetings, inept assistants, car trouble, you name it. I've seen better...

As usual, I come home, I kiss the wife, I pet the puppy, I hug the kid. I grab my computer and head to the porch to relax. I go through my usual routine, check the email, then google reader, then Facebook's Scrabble Beta with my cousin in Georgia and then to points unknown. While reading the various posts from today I find that I had completely forgotten about Beckett's revamped site hitting the web today. So I decided to check her out for myself.

Hate me, I don't care, but I have a one year subscription to Beckett's Online My Collections Database. I used to swear by the prices when I first came back to the hobby, but lately, I use it simply to keep an ever growing collection in some sort of order electronically. Prices be damned...

Here's my journey. Honestly, I don't know how it'll turn out because I'm walking through the new site as I post this....

Follow me...


So far so good. At least this is recognizable.

Ok, kinda neat looking. Colorful. A liiitttlllleee bit more like something my 5 year old would like but it's an improvement from the 1997 looking site of old. Plus, the entire site mirrors the more popular social sites of today. I give 'em a 7 for it.

Where to next? I bet the "Organize" Button is where I need to be. I don't see them teaching me much, I never cared for the message boards, and I'll be damned if I'm buying anything from them. My Collections must be in "Organize". Let's give it a go...

Ok, maybe not. Let's try this buttonThere we go. Now I'm fig....what the crap does this mean?

What is "position 4155"? As in #4155??? Are you effin' serious?? Where are the cards that I laboriously slaved over putting in your stupid site? This is what my $64.99 gets me? Wow. Thanks.

You know, considering the way that Beckett inflates pricing, and considering that I paid $64.99, does that mean according to Beckett, I paid $2500?

Let's click ok and come back to it a little later...

Ok, I'm back. It's now been 5 minutes. Let's see how I stack up...

Awesome!! I'm now so much closer to getting what I paid for!! It only took 5 minutes to dwindle down roughly 20 people in line ahead of me. Based on those statistics it should only take about 17 hours before I can view my collections.

I'd love to keep going. This post has taken me about an hour to write because of the back and forth on the site. I'd love to keep "informing" you of what to to expect from this site but it's not working out for me. If this doesn't pan out in the next few days I'm afraid Beckett might have lost me for ever.

One thing I can tell you to expect alot of? This...


"Please Wait."

Please Wait?

Beckett, I'm not sure I want to anymore...

7 comments:

Ryan Cracknell said...

Scrabble Beta? On the one hand I want to call you a sell out but I'm going through Scrabulous withdrawal. Is the corporate version worth the addiction?

White Sox Cards said...

Just wait until it lods your collection in. Then you'll wait an eternity for your collection to load properly.

jv said...

Man, it's horrible! But, it's as close as we're gonna get for awhile...

Anthony said...

at least yours is updated.. ive been #4958 since 4 this afternoon.. :(

jv said...

Updated? I wish! I'm still at over 3,000 as of tonight! This is absolute crap!

anthony said...

oh, that really sucks... i actually moved up about 100 spots today tho!! at this rate, maybe it will be in by december...

jv said...

WSC - Did you lose any of your collection? Were there things missing?