Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hunkerin' Down

I wanted to make sure that everyone that reads Treasure Never Buried is aware that we will most likely be severely affected by Hurricane Gustav over the next few days/weeks/months. If he's anything like Katrina, I'll be without power for quite awhile.

To the best of my knowledge, Gustav is scheduled to make landfall sometime late tomorrow or early Monday morning. If I disappear, it's most likely due to circumstances beyond my control. I've got a buddy with an iPod touch so, worst case, you might have to put up with some horribly edited, pictureless, update posts for awhile.

If you pray, please do so for those in New Orleans and the outlying areas. If Katrina taught us anything, it would be to get the crap out of the way of a Hurricane. From everything I've read, it sounds like New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin is doing a better job of heeding the warnings this time.

If you don't pray, please keep the families in these areas in your thoughts. Most all of the south, from Houston to the western parts of Florida will be affected by this storm.

Whatever it is that you do, just please do it. It's 'bout to get real rough down 'round these here parts, if you know what I mean...

I know, most of you don't know what I mean....lol... Southern Colloquialism can be hard to follow. Here's to hoping for the best.

Hurry up and come on, Gustav. Let's get this over with...

2 comments:

fielderschoice said...

Good luck JV! I am hoping that Gustav leaves you and your family unscathed.

Ben said...

I wish you guys all the best. Come back to us when you can, and don't float away.