Monday, September 15, 2008

Blogging Teaches You Patience

I remember the days of getting that freshly sealed box of some new product I'd never busted before and then opening the entire thing while driving home, impossibly impatient.

Gone are the days...

Today, my son and I made the trip to Pearl for our bi-monthly card show. After an hour of pondering, I finally settled on a box that I'm really, really, really, really, really hoping doesn't disappoint.

2008 Topps Co-Signers...

I don't know much about the set and was, frankly, a little put off by last year's single packs that I purchased at the same card show. Other than the MoonShots Astronaut Auto that I pulled (and actually made a pretty good return on earlier this year) the variations frustrated me. But, this is my first box of the product and three autos, one of which is a dual, should turn out good. Here's to hoping, anyway.

I purchased the box at roughly 11:30 am, Central Standard Time. It has sat, unopened, on my kitchen counter since I got home. I've thought about it all night at work. I get home around 1 am exhausted and all I can think about is how bad I want to open the box of cards.

And now, at 2:30 am, I realize that my reasoning behind having left it untouched is that I have to film the box break. I'll be miserable after it's opened thinking that I wasted the opportunity to video the break and to share it with you guys. I just don't have the energy and I'm about 4 hours behind on hittin' the sack.

Trust me, I'm not complaining. Patience has never been one of my virtues. I need to learn to wait a little more often than I'm used to. Waiting isn't my strong suit.

Connor only picked up three packs this go around. They were fresh out of gum filled Heritage so he opted to get some older cards "like daddy used to open". We got him some late 80's Donruss, Fleer, etc. I'm sure we'll do a short pack break with him at the helm soon so stay tuned for that.

I'll be filming the video and posting a review of the Co-Signers box by Wednesday.

Also, I'll be bumping the 5th Birthday Bash post until around the 23rd for anyone new that might find the site between now and then. If you would like to send a gift to Connor for his birthday you can email me at papajvscards@gmail.com for the address. His birthday is near the end of the month so we would like to get any packages in a day or two before because we'll be filming the pack(age) breaks to post for everyone as well.

For any jackasses out there that might think it cute to send something bad, don't worry, I'll be screening each package prior to the video.

One last thing, if you have cards older than 1960 that you're not particularly keen on keeping, go ahead and dust them off now. I'll be posting the first ever TNB Contest this week. I think you guys will enjoy it. The exact rules, prize, and random other criteria are yet to be determined but you can expect the post very soon.

Thanks for reading, guys and gals!!

1 comment:

Joey said...

Man, now I have to wait to see whats in that box too. I feel like that lady in that Kohl's TV commercial chanting "open, open, open".