Saturday, September 27, 2008

Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

First we lost Fillmore and now Doc.

On June 22 of this year, George Carlin passed away at the age of 71 and now Paul Newman has passed today at the age of 83.

I'll be honest, I was never a George Carlin fan in much the same way that I've never been a Ray Romano or Carol Burnett fan.

And, in like manner, I've never been a Paul Newman fan.

It's not that either were poor performers as their legacies prove otherwise. I simply never followed their careers in the same way that I have other actors.

I've got a good friend in the military named Chad that stayed on me constantly to watch Cool Hand Luke. On our last deployment, I made sure that I had stocked up on tons of classic old movies that I had never seen as a means to pass the time while I was gone.

As much as he goaded me, I never watched Cool Hand Luke. Under the circumstances, I think I might pop over to Amazon to find a cheap used copy and see what all the fuss is about.

Who knows, maybe I'll try to find a copy of Seven Dirty Words while I'm there as well...

Rest in Peace, Gentlemen...

No comments: