Tuesday, October 28, 2008

HaveWant


Here you'll find the link to the site. It's rudimentary at present but will get better with time.

One thing I think it's important to mention is that there will NOT be a designated format for your submissions. The posts and their respective links will be as good as the owner makes them. Personally, I copy and paste my lists from an Excel document simply because I can manipulate the information easier prior to posting. I am a novice with a Word. I can get Excel to cook me breakfast. It's completely up to you on the format.

You can submit your lists in any way that you see fit, so long as they are "easy" to copy and paste into the site. How good your lists look is totally up to you.

Also, to mention, I will NOT be going to individual sites to copy and paste existing trade lists. It's simply too time consuming. I will rely on submission via email of your lists. I hope this does not come across the wrong way or turn anyone off to the idea. It's just too difficult to maintain under those circumstances. Once again, if you have lists for trade/want that you would like to have on the site, you will need to email them to me.

I'll have my own lists posted to the website later today to give everyone an idea of how it's set up at the present. This site is completely open to suggestions. I want this to to be "our" work, rather than my own. I'm happy to do the legwork on it, but I prefer it to resemble a site that you guys and gals would happy to be a part of.

One last thing, I'm not looking to rival or surpass established and successful trading posts already scattered throughout the web. I just think that there are a lot of trades occurring within our circle and this will help expedite the process.

2 comments:

--David said...

Well, I've been looking for an excuse to generate some want lists for my Tribe collection... Now I have one! :-)

PunkRockPaint said...

I would be honored to design a header for the site. Let me know if you are interested.
punkrockpaint @ gmail dot com