Sunday, October 19, 2008

Time and Money, Money and Time - The Cardboard Connection


I've finally gotten my first submission at The Cardboard Connection published! Thank you to Mike for your patience in waiting for me to get "caught up" on all of the tasks I have running at the moment.

It is my personal goal to write two articles per month for Mike. He and I have had quite a bit of "behind the scene" chatter going on and I'm really excited to see which direction he plans to take the site. Mike has the utmost respect for collectors and has a vision that he believes will better the hobby. I'm glad to be a part of it.

You can read the article here.


You will find the links to any articles that are posted at TCC in the sidebar to the right, underneath the TCC logo.

You'll notice that my banner for the article on the home page of TCC is the new and improved version that you see here on the site. As always, if you see ways it can be made better, please don't hesitate to leave some comments and feedback.

And you'll also see the new banner in the videos that will be hitting YouTube overnight and their accompanying posts all the rest of this week. I'm going to do my best to air one package per night over the next week. The order of the videos will be as follows:

Achiever Card Blog
Cardboard Junkie
Boxbusters
Fleer Sticker Project
Dinged Corners
Fielder's Choice
Indians Cards

Thanks again to everyone that contributed to Connor's Birthday. And, not only to those listed who sent packages. I've received emails from readers stating that they wanted to send something but couldn't for various reasons. The comments, the emails, and the chats telling Connor, "Happy Birthday" were as welcome as the packages, I assure you.

It's the thought that counts. And I appreciate the thoughts from each of you.

With each video you'll see subtle changes to the opening and closing intros. That's because with each video I figure out a little bit more about what I'm doing. The first video might be straight to video quality. But, with the current pace of learningedness, Indians Cards might win me an Oscar.

Writing? I'm coming for you Faulkner.

Movies? Spielberg who?

Thanks again to everyone that's stuck with me through thick and thin. Rather than dwell on all the negatives in the hobby as I have the last few months, I'm going to start focusing on the positives. I hope you guys enjoy where TNB is headed.

5 comments:

Russ said...

A baseball card blog written in the style of Faulkner. I'd be so conflicted reading that if it existed. It also might be the most unreadable card blog ever.

jv said...

No, not style, Russ. Faulkner and I were born in the same town, New Albany, MS

I can't say I blame you on the style issue.

--David said...

Wow, an Oscar for your work on the Indians video! Well, sorry for the other folks, but I'm glad you got skillz rollin before you got to mine, fo-shizzle! :-)

Motherscratcher said...

Russ - I think there is very little question that I have the most unreadable card blog ever. It really isn't even close.

Dave said...

Good article!