Saturday, October 18, 2008

Wax Heaven is doomed!

Most of you probably aren't reading this because you think you already know what it says. For those of you that have read this far I want you to know that this is not a slam post on

1. Mario

2. the Upper Deck sponsorship

3. "the lie"



This was the title of the first ever post that Wax Heaven did about me. Something about my writing style made Mario choose those words. I've spent countless hours trying to live up that potential that he saw in my writing. I made the top 7 at Wax Heaven and maintained that position until recently.

It's kinda sad to me that in just a little less than 5 months, that which started out as a great friendship has evolved into what it has today. I take full responsibility for it. I could have kept my mouth shut and none of this would have ever happened. But, I chose to speak out and the chips have fallen where they may. Yes, I have my regrets. But not nearly to the extent that I would if I had I not been true to myself and to my ideals.

THIS IS THE LAST POST ON TNB REGARDING THE SUBJECT. I HAVE TURNED OFF ALL COMMENTS ON ALL POSTS REGARDING THIS MATTER.

I was mentioned by name in Mario's most recent post titled, "More news on sponsorships..." I have left a comment to be moderated on Wax Heaven. In the event that Mario does not see fit to allow it, I have pasted it here. (note: Comment has been deleted from Wax Heaven as of 8 pm tonight.)

No one is under obligation to read this. I'm done talking about it. I've only made this post for posterity's sake in the event that it is not allowed on Wax Heaven. I've learned that people will believe what they want to believe. They'll do what they want to do. The comment to Mario's post is as follows...


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


"You're right. I did take an unnecessary jab at you when I saw Chris' video. I should have had a little more couth regarding the title and thanks to a reader, I changed the title. I apologize for taking a swipe at you. It was uncalled for.

I'm also sorry if I insulted you with anything I've said. But, Mario, I've not "insinuated" anything. I feel that I'm constantly mischaracterized here for having said things that I didn't. For the benefit of your readers, who may not be regular readers of my blog, I quoted your site, plain and simple.

If your readers do not believe me I implore them to visit Treasure Never Buried and take a look at the post titled, "I'm Sorry".

I stated that on September 19 that you were adamant about having never received product from any card company, a quote from your site. I stated that you did in fact receive product in June and August, months before September from Upper Deck, a quote from your site. I've quoted your site on all of my "wack job" insinuations.

You and I do have some readers in common, obviously. But, we must apparently have some that differ as well. 99% of what I've read here has been nothing but praise for your sponsorship by people that have taken to considering me a prick. That's fine. I still have no problem with the sponsorship. I just wish you had admitted a long time ago what I see now.

Trust me, I don't like "not liking" Wax Heaven right now. I've been an avid reader, constant commenter, and I've praised Wax Heaven more than I have any other blog on the internet over the last 5 months.

But, I have readers, most all of which are fellow card bloggers, sending me constant emails saying that they privately agree with my assessment of the situation. These individuals have asked to remain anonymous and I don't blame them.

At first I took it as they were afraid of offending you. Now, I see that they're afraid of offending their readers. Something that the both of us are doing right now.

As far as I'm concerned, I've said as much as I can say about it. I don't know any other way to put it. I felt like I was clear cut and concise in my estimation of this in my first post. According to the general consensus, I wasn't. I reposted my problems and then people began to see my point. They began to get past the fact that I wasn't knocking the sponsorship, I was only knocking that it began immediately with, what appears to me to be, a lie.

Did I sign up for the card giveaways? Damned skippy. It's the only way I know to prove that I have NO problem with the future of your sponsorship. I only have problems your sponsorship's past.

And honestly, I didn't think that you, of all people, would have a problem with someone signing up for free cards. ?

I'll be posting this as a final word on the matter (as far as I'm concerned) on TNB. I'm done with the subject. I'm not losing any more of my readers over it. There are those who see my point and those that do not. I've made my choice as to what I wanted to do with the information. Others will do the same, some for, some against.

As far as I'm concerned, I know what I know. Until I see some sort of explanation or apology or rebuttal that puts this baby to sleep, I'll always think what I think.

I just won't be posting about it anymore."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I intend to keep my word. I have no intentions of mentioning this, referencing this, or posting about this in the future. I've seen the comments on Wax Heaven as well as from here of people that saying they're tired of hearing about. Some of them agree with me and some of them don't.

The common denominator is that they're ALL tired of hearing about it.

Honestly, I am to.