Friday, June 27, 2008

I’m Walking On Sunshine…OHHHH..OHHHH!!

Wow! What a humbling experience! I would never have dreamed that in less than a month Beckett would be linking their official blog to mine regarding my writing. I know that in the past I have slammed Beckett on many issues. Rest assured, I will continue to do so in the future if I feel the need. It’s not that I dislike Beckett or think that they’re doing a bad job of representing the hobby. I’m just a very opinionated person and have never been much of a “shy type” guy.

Beckett is an outstanding organization that I feel truly has the heart of the hobby at it’s personal interest. Beckett is full of people that are collector’s themselves. I feel it pretty safe to say that they share most of our gripes, complaints, and frustrations on a personal level. But, as I’ve learned in getting back into the hobby, baseball card collecting is a monster of a task. I can’t fathom the guys and gals out there collecting multiple sports. To be the people responsible for leading the hobby in pricing, Beckett does as best it can. I am personally grateful for their work.

All of that being said, Thank you, Beckett for acknowledging Treasure Never Buried. It is an honor and a privilege to have gained the recognition of the leader in the sports card industry. Now, if I can just get Tuff Stuff’s attention…

But, even more so, I’m honored to be featured by a guy that followed my blog from day one and has gone on to begin his very own. To Dave of Fielder’s Choice, I say, Thank you for the kudos on your blog. If you’ve yet to check out Fielder’s Choice please do so. Dave has left multiple comments on TNB and from that alone I can tell you that Dave will find his way into the top 10, maybe 5, possibly 3 blogs on the net soon. Trust me, nothing but good is going to come out of Fielder’s Choice. I know it. Keep up the good work!

To everyone that has enjoyed Treasure Never Buried, thank you as well. It’s an honor to be one of the many voices in our hobby today. I have no desire to be the best, only to be considered inspirational to anyone who finds their way here.

I have 2 ½ days left on my vacation so it’s off to the 1:10 showing of Wall-E!!! I can’t wait. This movie should get the bad taste of Ratatouille out of my mouth…

Thanks again, for enjoying TNB so far. I promise it’ll only get better with time…


8 comments:

  1. June 27, 2008 at 12:55 pm e

    ….and to think, Pixar was once batting one thousand.
    Glad you made it on Beckett’s list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. June 28, 2008 at 1:53 pm e

    Im glad YOU dont think Beckett is doing a bad job of representing the hobby. I on the other hand, think everyone would benefit from seeing them go down in flames.

    ReplyDelete
  3. June 28, 2008 at 4:01 pm e

    Just curious, but what makes you think that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. June 28, 2008 at 5:13 pm e

    Well, I have a whole blog dedicated to why I think that. I think I have made my points, time and time again over there. Trust me, Im glad you are Beckett star, more power to ya, really. Personally, I think they have the interests of their advertisers and money at heart. Even more so than Upper Deck. Again, my opinion. Congrats on making waves, sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. June 28, 2008 at 5:16 pm e

    Oh, and I saw that you made a response over to that guy on bad wax. Dont take it personally, its not worth it. Hopefully he realizes that variety is the spice of life. If all the blogs were b and moan fests, then it would be REALLY boring around here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. June 28, 2008 at 5:21 pm e

    Thanks for the kudos. I’ve been to your blog a few times but haven’t had time to sit down and read everything. I will soon now that I’ve finally figured out RSS…

    And trust me, I don’t take it personal. I’m pretty thick skinned (even though the sentimental “BS”, as some put it, would make people think otherwise.)

    I just think Angry Chris asked some really good questions and I think it’s only fair to give him my answers. I hope no one is expecting me to slam this guy, because I don’t plan to…

    ReplyDelete
  7. June 28, 2008 at 9:33 pm e

    I dont expect you to slam him, personally, I wouldnt even respond. Trust me, I have had only bad experiences with that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. June 29, 2008 at 1:52 am e

    I might be about to have some of those “bad experiences” you mentioned…

    I couldn’t help myself…

    ReplyDelete