Thursday, May 22, 2008

Here I Am, Rock me Like a Hurricane...

I've sat here with my fingers on the home keys for over an hour. Occasionally I'll type something and then shortly thereafter, I'll delete it. Am I putting too much emphasis on my first entry? Yeah, probably a little.

Why am I here? What do I want to say? Why do I want to say it? Is there anything that I can say or do that hasn't already been said or done? Will my voice be one more in the multitude of collector's striving to have their opinions heard? What is my sole purpose for starting this blog?

Will my blog be a Julio Franco and plod along comfortably forever? Or maybe a Mantle? Maybe it'll be an Ozzie Canseco (sorry, Mario) and plug out just a few outings with the big boys. Regardless of what it will become, I've obviously decided to lace up my cyber cleats and jump into the batter's box.

Hence the title of my first blog. My wonderful wife Lori, who normally laughs at EVERYTHING I say, thought it was pretty corny. I thought it was kind of fitting. I place myself at the mercy of the masses. Rock me like a Hurricane. By the way, Hair Bands sucked. Sorry if I lost you forever after that one but someone had to say it.

So here I am. I look forward to making some new friends, starting some great conversations, and more importantly becoming a member of what the hobby has now become. This post is my “hello” post. The next will be my “My Name is Jason and I love Baseball cards” post. Shortly thereafter will come my “Mission Statement” post. After that, who knows.

I'm just happy to be here. I hope that you enjoy what I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment