Friday, October 24, 2008

My Inner Artist Was Tragically Killed Today

Holy Cow, that looks good!!

If you didn't notice the banner at the top of Treasure Never Buried when you came in, please take a moment to glance back up there.

Isn't that friggin' awesome! Many thanks to W. Ross of BoxBusters for making this banner for me.

As I'm lying in my bed last night, ticked off that I missed the Tampa / Boston game, I glance over at my son who is playing games on my new iPhone. Before I realized what he was doing, it was too late. He had already sent the following reply to my boss:

"wwwwwwwwwwwhyyyslooosssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiii l;askjdfnnlwieyyyyyyyyyyy

sonsodffffffffffffffffffff
ccccccccccccnnnnnnnn

roewsassss"

Too late, damage done. Right before I turned in for the night I received an email. I popped over to check it, thinking it was a comment for a post (which is the biggest reason I love my phone...I can moderate comments anytime!) Instead it was an email from W. Ross:
"Hey Jason,

I was reading your site tonite during the game and noticed you changed your banner. I got to thinking about it and started screwing around - not really sure why but I came up with one for you."

It's not secret that I'm artistically challenged. My art has always been my words and on most days I'm not even so great at that. I don't have the time, patience, know how, or determination to do something like this.

I can't say thanks enough to Ross for this outstanding piece of work!!

2 comments: